Bay County, Florida is home to over 1,300 local charities and non-profit organizations that work to support various causes in the community. Here’s just a few:
- Gulf Coast Children’s Advocacy Center – This non-profit organization works to prevent child abuse and provide support to victims of abuse in Bay County. They offer a variety of services, including counseling, medical exams, and court advocacy.
- The Arc of the Bay – The Arc of the Bay is an organization that provides services and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Their services include job training, housing assistance, and social events.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bay County – The Boys & Girls Clubs of Bay County is a youth development organization that provides after-school programs and summer camps for children and teens. They offer a range of activities, including sports, arts and crafts, and academic support.
- Panama City Rescue Mission – The Panama City Rescue Mission provides shelter, meals, and support services to homeless individuals in Bay County. They also offer addiction recovery programs and job training.
- Friends of St. Andrew Bay – Friends of St. Andrew Bay is a non-profit organization that works to preserve and protect the natural resources of St. Andrew Bay. They organize clean-up events and educational programs to raise awareness about environmental issues.